Monday, November 23, 2009

"Honey, I'm Invisible and .........."

This is a cute dream.

My husband, David and I, are working together in this enormous, auditorium-like setting.  David has a desk situated at an angle toward the middle of the auditorium, and I have a desk situated about 20 feet or so away from his.  We each have a phone, file cabinets, desk accessories, appointment books, etc. 

Two clients come into the auditorium and walk up to my desk.  After talking for a short while, I decide that my husband, David, is far better at handling their questions and helping them in general than I am.  So, I walk these folks over to my husband's desk.  I know David is there, I just can't see him.  And I know what's happening......again.  It seems that I have dipped into another dimension.  Everything is exactly the same in the other dimension, except for one single thing.  And this time, the one thing that's different is that I cannot see my husband.  I can hear him, I just can't see him.

So, I say to this filmy, wavy, surreal background behind my husband's desk, "Honey, are you there?"  He says, "Yes, I'm here."  I say, "Well honey, I seem to be in another dimension and you've become invisible to me, but I have these really nice people here who I think you would do better at helping than I."  Then David said, "Okay honey, I see them."  There's a lot of hidden humor in this situation.  Really.

This is really pretty funny to both of us because both of us have had the experience of being invisible to others.  And both of us have experienced observing this very wavy, surreal world when this happened.  So this dream is well within our world.  And we wouldn't be surprised if this began happening more and more. 

2 comments: