Monday, November 23, 2009

The Good Doctor

Early this morning, as I was waking, an old friend from Wimberley, Texas came to me.  He came to say hello, appearing as he did 20 plus years ago, and with that fun loving demeanor he always had.

We laughed with each other, recalling all the activities we were involved with together;  singing tenor together in the Wimberley Community Chorus and how he forced me to always sit on the side of his "good ear" so he could stay on pitch.  Little did he know I was counting on him for the same reason.  We recalled together his adorable role in one of the plays we did at the theatre.  He was a big hit in that one, a real ham.  And we recalled all the ways he was good a being my doctor.  And he asked me if he had made a difference.  And I told him, "You touched many, many lives.  You not only healed with your training as a doctor, you healed with your humor and your big heart." 

We continued to laugh and enjoy each others company, then he left.  I was suddenly on top of a very tall building with a flat roof.  There was a pretty little girl of about 10 years old on the roof, too.  She had long, wavy blonde hair.  Suddenly, she raised her arms outstretched in front of her, and in her hands she held a handgun.  She was pointing the gun at me for a split second, then whirled around and took aim at something else altogether; an enormous clock on top of a clock tower building next to the building we were standing on.  The old clock immediately shattered.  And I heard the words, "Time's Up."  And we left together, she and I, down the stairs from the rooftop and the dream faded.

My personal take on this dream is that my doctor friend, who I haven't seen in so long, passed over and came to visit me, to reminisce.  And the little girl using the gun to shoot out the clock seems to be an archetypal sign for me, indicating that someone's time is up.  I've been getting more and more of these archetypal signs of late, or perhaps it's just now that I am recognizing them as such.  I emailed a friend this morning to find out more about the doctor.  So I will follow up with a report on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment