Thursday, February 4, 2010

My Name is Barierro!

My husband and I are in a restaurant. We are seated in a booth. Absolutely nothing can be seen inside the restaurant. It is completely black. I mean black. There's no lights, no waiters, no nothing. But, seated directly across the table from us is a man who has died. He was a friend of ours. I don't know why I recognize him because he looks nothing like the person I knew in life. I said, "Bill?" He said, "Yes." And there seemed to be a spotlight on him, a spotlight coming from somewhere we couldn't identify.

In life, Bill was short and heavy set. His personality made him a real cutie pie. He was far from handsome. He was a fine, fine actor and Bill and I had been in many plays together. He was in his late 60's, I would guess when he passed away. The person sitting across the table from us was Bill but looked nothing like Bill. The New Bill is young, probably in his mid to late 30's. He's dressed in a formal black suit but it looks like something someone from Mexican descent would wear. He sat quietly, with his hands folded on top of the table in front of him. He has jet-black hair, a little longish and fashionable. He has a quiet, mysterious countenance. I ask, "How are you?" He replied, "Here, my name is Barierro! He accentuated the double R sound and sounded authentically Mexican. He looked it too.

He said something about the dates from February 3rd to February 16th but I didn't really understand what he was talking about and neither did my husband. And I saw these dates typed out in red letters either in my mind's eye or on a piece of paper. I am not sure.

We spent most of our time with him being silent and not saying much of anything. I remember wondering why all these dead people are paying me visits recently. In real life, I have talked with a couple dead people this week. It was a curious dream, and while not much happened, it was memorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment